Something GIANT in the mailbox: my new favourite t-shirt!

I love getting presents.
More than getting presents, I love getting nerdy presents.
More than getting nerdy presents, I love getting nerdy presents when I don't expect them.
Today I've got the nerdiest and the most unexpected present ever.

I was at work when I received a text from my mother: "You received a package. Where you expecting something from London?".
I order tons of stuff on-line, but in these days I wasn't expecting anything, especially from London. So I spent the whole day trying to figure out what this package could contain.
When I got home I barely took my coat off and went straight to open the mysterious package, that wasn't mysterious anymore as I saw that it came from...


 MongoDB!

You know how passionate I am about MongoDB (and if you don't, you can read it here), but I didn't expect receiving gifts from them!

So, as the title spoils, I received the nerdiest t-shirt ever. 

I'm kinda new to the Star Wars world: the first movie I saw was Rogue One, but then I tried to redeem myself spending the Christmas holidays watching all the movies (actually I was also planning to write a blog post about the crazy order in which I saw these movies, but that's another story).

Nevertheless, the Force is strong enough with me now to appreciate the genius behind my new MongoDB T-Shirt.  

So how could I not share my brand new swag with the whole social media world? First, I teased about it a little on my Instagram stories (feel free to follow me!) but then it was time for some permanent pictures.

I'm not a selfie maniac, but for this time I had to make an exception: I wore the t-shirt and put some lipstick on and indulged in a self-made photo shoot, feeling like the Chiara Ferragni of databases! 

Of course, the results were more like "the nerd brunette" than "the blonde salad", but I still had a lot of fun! Here you can see the results and, finally, my new t-shirt in all its glory.




 I would like to thank the whole MongoDB staff for this gift but mostly for their work. In particular I would like to thank Francesca Krihely and all the people behind MongoDB's Advocacy Hub: they built an amazing community of developers and users! All my love also to all the other advocates that now are also my friends on Twitter and LinkedIn: there is amazing people doing GIANT things all around the world!

May the Cloud be with you!

Commenti